The main house of Solomons Victorian Inn was built in 1906 in Queen Anne style and was the family home of Clarence Davis. M.M.Davis & Son were renowned builders of early twentieth-century sailing yachts and many of these were trophy-winning racing vessels, the most notable being Manitou, owned and restored for a time by President John F Kennedy.
Amenities at Our Chesapeake Bay Inn on Solomons Island, MD
While a guest of our accommodations at Solomons Victorian Inn, you will have access to our inviting common areas. On the ground floor of the inn, you are welcome to relax in the living room or comfortable sitting room, read the newspaper, or choose a game from the large variety we have for the occasional rainy day. Escape to the front porch or the garden with a book from the library. Relax and enjoy a full, delicious breakfast while overlooking the harbor in the bright and airy enclosed porch. All areas are independently heated with radiators and cooled with central air conditioning.
The Carriage House, built in 1997, comprises two spacious bedroom suites, each with an independent entry.
Free parking for guests is available at the rear of our Chesapeake Bay inn.
Breakfast at Our Chesapeake Bay Inn
Our breakfasts are a fusion of European and North American styles, always cooked from fresh ingredients and served as a three-course meal. We like to discover any culinary preferences or allergies you have when you book, so we can do our best to accommodate them.
A choice of fruit juices with coffee or tea will support the indulgent first-course we offer. This could be delicious freshly baked scones in various flavors including lemon poppy and cinnamon crunch, orange poppers, and cinnamon apple crumb coffee cake. A second-course of fresh fruit, maybe our signature broiled grapefruit, is followed by an entrée comprising of eggs, vegetables, cheeses or meats in creative combinations. Guest favorites are Grand Marnier French toast, Quiche Lorraine, and breakfast enchiladas. Or we may simply do Eggs Benedict, both traditional and vegetarian. We cater for guests with special dietary needs, including vegan, keto, gluten and dairy free. Please inform us ahead of your arrival.
Policies at our Chesapeake Bay Inn
- Rates include full breakfast
- 1-2 Guests per room only
- Property is non-smoking, including vaping (subject to $250 cleaning fee)
- We reserve the right to charge excessive partying (cleaning) fees, up to $250
- Reservations made with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express.
- Check-in 3pm-7pm, early check-in available for additional fee
- Check-out by 11am, late check-out also available for additional fee
- Minimum 2-night stay on weekends, year round
- Minimum 3-night stay on holiday & event weekends
- Children under 13; $25 additional per room; call for details
- We love pets however only one room is pet friendly, Islandscape; $50 additional/night
- Sales tax and lodging tax totaling 11% additional
If your plans change and you have to cancel your reservation, the following rules apply:
- Notification more than 14 days prior to arrival date: full refund less a $25 processing fee.
- Notification less than 14 days: cancellation fee equal to the cost of one night stay of reservation, unless the room can be re-booked at short notice.
- Notification less than 48 hours prior to the arrival date: cancellation fee equal to the entire reservation.
- A special cancellation policy exists for groups or individuals reserving more than two rooms for any given date. This policy extends the cancellation notification period from 14 to 30 days.
- For guests already checked in: We do not refund for early departure from your booked period.
- Early Bird Rate: This special rate is non-refundable and non-changeable. Full payment required at booking.
Business Rates at Our Chesapeake Bay Inn on Solomons Island
Our discounted rates apply only to a single guest on government/military business. The location of Solomons Victorian Inn off the western shore of the Chesapeake Bay makes it an ideal home base for business travelers within the Patuxent Partnership.
- Less than six miles from Dominion Cove Point LNG and Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant
- Eight Miles to the PAX River Naval Air Station in Lexington Park, MD
- $111.00 government rate in effect Sunday through Thursday (holidays excluded), select rooms
- Itemized receipt for $96 lodging and $15 breakfast can be provided
- All major credit cards accepted/late check-ins accommodated
- Business rooms have queen beds, private baths, cable TV, free Wi-Fi, and desk
- Many with harbor views
- Room upgrades available
- Rates include early breakfast if needed