The Inn overlooks the quaint harbor of Solomons Island, MD and is just a short walk to many superb restaurants, shops, and a museum, and to the pier where you can hire a boat, a kayak or jet-skis. Perfect for a couples getaway and also for the business traveler who doesn’t want to feel like one. The area enjoys sunshine 245 days per year, so there isn’t a time when something is not in bloom – whether camellias in February or crape myrtle in September. Solomons is the perfect location and Solomons Victorian Inn, the perfect choice, for your Maryland getaway.
Directions to Our Solomons Island Bed and Breakfast
From Washington D.C. Area
- Interstate 495/95 Beltway to exit 11A (Route 4 South).
- Stay on Route 4 for approximately 50 miles. (Route 2 will join Route 4).
- Take right lane exit, Solomons Island Rd South, just before Governor Johnson Bridge.
- Follow exit under bridge to the stop sign. Turn left at the stop sign, then make a right, continuing through Solomons.
- Bear left at the “Y” in the road.
- Proceed 100 yards to Solomons Victorian Inn.
- Parking is located behind the Inn.
- Enter through side porch.
From Baltimore, Maryland
- Take Interstate 695 to Interstate 97 South to Route 301 South.
- Exit at Route 4 South and follow the above directions.
From Southern Virginia
- Take Interstate 95 North to Route 301 towards Baltimore.
- Take Route 234 to Leonardtown.
- Just past Leonardtown, take a left onto Route 4.
- Once across the Governor Johnson Bridge, bear right.
- Turn right at the stop sign and continue as above.
Planning Your Stay at Our Solomons Island Bed and Breakfast
To help you plan your Chesapeake Bay vacation, we have listed some of the area attractions, fishing charters, and some of our favorite restaurants with links to their websites.
Solomons Island and Area Wineries
Calvert County has several wineries. Most offer tastings and many offer music and winery events on the weekend. Ask us to e-mail you the info, so you can stop along the way!
Heritage Boat Tours
www.solomonsislandheritagetours.com offers several choices of boat tours. Learn and experience the Chesapeake of a bygone era.
For a sailing adventure we highly recommend Chesapeake Bay Charters and you can check out our blog CBCcharters
Captains: Joshua and Carmeletta Muckley – 443 963 9463 www.cbcsailing.com
Solomons Island Fishing Charters
We are pleased to recommend two local charter captains who cater to smaller groups. They will do half or full-day fishing charters. You can also call on them for a harbor cruise for up to 6 people.
Solomons Island Restaurants
Solomons Island has many wonderful restaurant choices. At times, they can become very busy, so we strongly suggest reservations. We encourage you to make your arrangements before you arrive, and please mention where you are staying. It could get you that water view. If you need help, just ask and we’ll make the reservation for you. All of these restaurants are in walking distance; they are listed by distance from the Inn.
Charles Street Brasserie: It will take you all of 1 minute to stroll over to the Brasserie with a prime view of the harbor. Enjoy the Tapas, shared plates and great cocktails from Tuesday to Sunday, with live music at the weekends. Also open for brunch at the weekends. Great atmosphere. Great seafood. Phone: 443 404 5332. www.charlesstreetbrass.com
The Lighthouse Restaurant and Dock Bar: Great choice for seafood. Definitely a favorite of ours. Does not take reservations. lighthouserestaurantanddockbar
Island Hideaway: Under new ownership and much improved decor and food. Wonderful water views of the Back Creek. Phone: 410 449 6382. islandhideaway
Kingfishers: Another good choice for seafood and a great location. Phone: 410 394 0236 Kingfishers
CD Café: An extensive menu with specials every day. Excellent gourmet food. Does not take reservations. www.thecdcafe.com
The Dry Dock: A small restaurant with a wonderful menu. The Dry Dock serves mostly fresh seafood, but there is always a great choice for the carnivore as well as the vegetarian. Definitely a winner with us. Phone: 410-326-4817. Serves dinner only. thedrydock