The main house of this premier Chesapeake Bay Inn was built in 1906 in Queen Anne Victorian style and was the family home of Clarence Davis. M.M.Davis & Son were renowned builders of early twentieth-century sailing yachts and many of these were trophy winning racing vessels, the most notable being Manitou, owned and restored for a time by President John F Kennedy.
Amenities at Our Chesapeake Bay Inn on Solomons Island
On the ground floor of the Inn you are welcome to relax in the living room or comfortable sitting room, read the newspaper, or choose a game from the large variety we have for the occasional rainy day. Escape to the front porch or the garden with a book from the library. Relax and enjoy a full, delicious breakfast while overlooking the harbor in the bright and airy enclosed porch. All areas are independently heated with radiators and cooled with central air conditioning.
The Carriage house, built in 1997, comprises two spacious bedroom suites, each with an independent entry.
Free parking for guests is available at the rear of our Chesapeake Bay inn.
Breakfast at Our Chesapeake Bay Inn
Our breakfasts are a fusion of European and North American styles, always cooked from fresh ingredients and served as a three-course meal. We like to discover any culinary preferences or allergies you have when you book so we can do our best to accommodate them.
A choice of fruit juices with coffee or tea will support the indulgent first-course we offer. This could be a delicious American style freshly cooked cinnamon-sugar doughnut, signature banana crumb muffin, lemon drizzled Bundt cake or a traditional English fruit scone. A second-course of fresh fruit is followed by an entrée comprising eggs, vegetables, nuts, cheeses or meats in creative combinations. Guest favorites are stuffed French toast, Quiche Lorraine (French-style) and Soufflé Frittata, or we may simply do poached eggs on two sides of an English muffin (with a side of Canadian bacon). Yum!
Policies at our Chesapeake Bay Inn
- Rates include full breakfast
- 1-2 Guests per room only
- Inquire for corporate & government rates
- Reservations made with deposit equal to first nights stay by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or check
- Final payment by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, check, or cash
- Check-in 3pm-8pm, unless otherwise arranged.
- Check-out by 11am
- Minimum 2 night stay on weekends, Apr 1st – Oct 31st
- Minimum 3 night stay on holiday & event weekends
- Children over 13 years accommodated
- No pets
- 4 day notice required for no-charge cancellation
- With less than 4 day notice, the first night of the stay will be charged to the guest
- Sales tax and lodging tax totaling 11% additional
Business Rates at Our Chesapeake Bay Inn on Solomons Island
Our discounted rates apply only to government/military business. The location of Solomons Victorian Inn off the western shore of the Chesapeake Bay makes it an ideal home base for business travelers within the Patuxent Partnership.
- Less than six miles from Dominion Cove Point LNG and Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant
- Eight Miles to the PAX River Naval Air Station in Lexington Park, MD
- $96.00 government rate in effect Sunday through Thursday (holidays excluded)
- All major credit cards accepted/late check-ins accommodated
- Business rooms have queen beds, private baths, cable TV, free Wi-Fi, and desk
- Many with harbor views
- Room upgrades available, prices based on double occupancy
- Islandscape/Chesapeake Sunset – queen beds, whirlpool tub or steam shower, $140.00
- Harbour Sunset/Solomons Sunset – king beds, whirlpool tubs, refrigerator – $190.00
- Rates include early breakfast, complimentary hot and cold drinks, and cookies